It’s no secret now that the world is going to end in 2012. Both the holy-roller/end-time folks and secular scientists are talking about it, and it’s time that we accept this new reality. The newest signs that the end is near, is the Giants won the World Series and the Yankees want to move Jeter to the outfield. The book of Revelation eludes to the Yankees moving Jeter to the outfield in the “end times”, I think it’s in chapter 11. So, since 2011 could be the last baseball season ever, here are my baseball end-of-the-world predictions for 2011.
- The Braves will win the World Series. Scientifically this is going to happen. The Braves just signed Dan Uggla, and his arms are bigger than most left fielders. Most folks think the Phillies have the best rotation is the NL… that is erroneous. The Braves do, get your sabermetrics right. Plus, Tim Hudson’s soul-patch has more testosterone than Cole Hammels.
- Jim Thome will break the all-time season home run record.
- The Orioles will dominate the AL east, and go on to play the Braves in the World Series. The Yankees will then fire their entire coaching staff.
- The Braves will trade Nate McLouth and some minor leaguers for Nick Swisher, transition Jason Heyward to CF, making Nick Swisher the greatest Braves right fielder ever.
- Brian Wilson will shatter the season saves record. Fact.
- Brian McCann will decide to not shave until October.
- Jayson Werth will retire.
- Braves fans will start standing and clapping during games.
- The Royals will sign Jose Canseco to a one year deal, and he’ll give Jim Thome a run for his money. As a result of this Jose will make to the cover of Sports Illustrated as well as the Wheaties box.
Feel free to add your baseball-end-of-the-world predictions too.